This, and ONLY THIS, version of the famous, groundbreaking Rogers & Hammerstein Musical contains a spanking, where a girl, belonging to the showmans group, is spanked on the backyard of the showboat for playing too loudly with the other kids. Summarys suggest that this could be within the prologue.
Here is the build up to the spanking scene:
here is the spanking scene itself:
and here is the same thing in slow motion
All three clips were discovered and first posted by cinndunc. All credit goes to him.
spanker: Emily Fitzroy
spankee: Jane La Verne
diretor: Harry A. Pollard.
I am currently downloading "Showboat" at the following torrent link.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.kickasstorrents.com/showboat-t159109.html
We will see if there are enough seeders to complete the download.
Nope, no luck. That link I gave was the wrong version of "Show Boat".
ReplyDeleteStill searching...
Nevertheless, thanks for your efforts. It's possible that the 1929 version is lost now,but on the other hand, if it's lost, who did people find out about that scene (I took the information from a renowned online magazine) ?
ReplyDeleteLet's not give up hope... maybe...?
yours maitrefesseur